U.S. Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) will host a medal ceremony for Mr. Joseph Carter of Caswell County, North Carolina. Mr. Carter will receive the following awards for his exemplary service and sacrifice during the Vietnam War:
- For wounds received in connection with military operations against a hostile force.
Bronze Star Medal with “V” Device
- The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to individuals who, while serving in the United States Armed Forces in a combat theater, distinguish themselves by heroism, outstanding achievement or by meritorious service not involving aerial flight. Recipients of the Bronze Star Medal are entitled to wear a “V” device on the ribbon bar and suspension ribbon if the Medal is awarded for heroism in combat.
National Defense Service Medal
- Awarded for honorable active service for any period between 1 January 1961 and 14 August 1974.
Good Conduct Medal
Awarded to any enlisted member of the United States Army who completes three consecutive years of "honorable and faithful service.”
- Awarded to any enlisted member of the United States Army who completes three consecutive years of "honorable and faithful service.”
Vietnam Service Medal
- Awarded to all members of the Armed Forces of the United States serving in Vietnam and contiguous waters or airspace thereover, after 3 July 1965 through 28 March 1973.
Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with Device
Expert Badge with Rifle Bar
Sharpshooter Badge and Mortar Bar
Details of the event are below. Media wishing to schedule separate interviews with Senator Burr should contact Senator Burr’s press office at (202) 228-1616 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
11:30am Senator Burr Hosts Medal Ceremony for Mr. Joseph Carter
2000 West First Street
|10/16/13||Senator Burr Supports Bipartisan Plan to Reopen Government and Prevent Default|
|10/21/13||GAO Report Highlights Shortcomings in FDA Review Process for New Tobacco Products|
|10/23/13||Senator Burr to Host Medal Ceremony for Mr. Joseph Carter|
|10/30/13||Burr: Older Americans Act Funding Formula Should Ensure That the Dollars Follow the Senior|