ADVISORY: Senate Intel Announces Open Hearing with Social Media Experts on Foreign Influence Operations
WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Richard Burr (R-NC), Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and Senator Mark Warner (D-VA), Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, announced the Committee will hold an open hearing on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, to examine foreign influence operations and their use of social media platforms. The Committee will hear testimony from third-party social media experts (additional witnesses may be added).
What: “Foreign Influence on Social Media Platforms: Perspectives from Third-Party Social Media Experts”
· Ms. Renee DiResta, Director of Research, New Knowledge
· Dr. Philip Howard, Director, Oxford Internet Institute
· Ms. Laura Rosenberger, Director, Alliance for Securing Democracy at The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Mr. John Kelly, Founder and CEO, Graphika
- Dr. Todd Helmus, Senior Behavioral Scientist, RAND Corporation
When: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Where: Hart Senate Office Building Room 216
Previous Article Next Article