MEDIA ADVISORY: Senator Burr to Present Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Additional Decorations, to Sergeant Ronnie Whitlow at Winston-Salem Office
WASHINGTON – Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) will present Sergeant Billy Ronald (Ronnie) Whitlow from Yanceyville, NC, with multiple decorations for his service to the country including the Bronze Star for heroic achievement of service and the Purple Heart for wounds received in action on 30 October 1969 in the Republic of Vietnam.
Media wishing to attend should contact Sen. Burr’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE: Senator Richard Burr’s Office, 2000 W. First Street, Suite 508, Winston-Salem, NC 27104
WHEN: Monday, August 14, 2017 at 9:30 A.M.
Details on Billy Ronald (Ronnie) Whitlow’s Service:
Branch of Service Veteran Served In: Army
Unit Served In: Various
Years of Service: 8/12/1968 – 4/7/1970
Medals to be presented:
- Bronze Star Medal with Letter V Device: For heroic or meritorious achievement of service, not involving aerial flight in connection with operations against an opposing armed force.
- Purple Heart: For wounds received in action on 30 October 1969 in the Republic of Vietnam
- Air Medal: Distinguished himself by meritorious achievement, while participating in sustained aerial flight, in support of combat ground forces in the Republic of Vietnam. During the period of 5 August 1969 to 30 October 1969, he actively participated in more than 25 aerial missions over hostile territory in support of counterinsurgency operations.
- National Defense Service Medal: Awarded for honorable active service as a member of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War.
- Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze Service Stars
- Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award
- Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with Device (1960)
- Sharpshooter Badge with Rifle Bar
Marksman Badge with Auto Rifle Bar with Machine Gun Bar
Previous Article Next Article