Help with a Federal Agency

I know from experience that dealing with the federal government can be difficult and frustrating. There are many ways my staff and I can help North Carolinians resolve a problem or obtain assistance from a federal agency. My Constituent Advocates can help navigate government bureaucracies and intervene on your behalf.

Completing this online form will generate a privacy release for you to print and fill out. Federal privacy laws prohibit any federal agency from sharing information about you without your written authorization. Printing, signing, and returning that completed privacy release will provide your written authorization.

If you are a North Carolina resident stationed at a military base outside of the state, please include your home of record in the text of your message. If you are not a resident of North Carolina but are contacting us about a relative who lives in our state, please include their home address in the text of your message.

In the meantime, please call my office in Winston-Salem if you have any questions. North Carolinians can call toll free at 800-685-8916 or can call 336-631-5125.

My staff and I look forward to assisting you.

Mail Delay

Due to heightened security concerns in the U.S. Capitol, all mail sent to my Senate office in Washington, DC may be significantly delayed by security screening procedures. If your issue is urgent or time sensitive, please call my office in Winston-Salem. North Carolinians can call toll free at 800-685-8916.

What is Casework

If you are having trouble solving a problem with a federal agency, my staff may be able to help. Due to the separation of powers, we are unable to assist with problems not related to federal agencies, such as judicial or state matters.